Wednesday 16 March 2016

Evaluation Question 4- Conclusion

By using digital technology, I have managed to not only create, but also successfully research, plan and share an entire music promotional package, using the conventions of the Punk genre. My use of Google's Blogger, I was able to document my research that I found using websites such as YouTube and BPI (British Phonographic Industry). I also used the 'Black Magic' camera to record my footage, using the state of the art 4K resolution to gain the highest quality possible, while using Adobe Premier Pro to edit the clips in a professional manner, placing me in the category of 'Prosumer'. The use of Premier Pro has allowed me to become far more proficient in the craft of editing software and in organizing footage to adhere or subvert the conventions of a specific genre. I have also learnt the importance of audience feedback, and the benefits that a product can have from simply taking audience suggestions and experimenting with them. Using technologies such as Survey Monkey I was able to collect information regarding my product, and edit it accordingly.
As Henry Jenkins has often referred to, the 'Participatory Culture' of the 21st Century has encouraged audiences to create their own material, which is exactly what I have done with my Music Video. I have, in essence, become a prosumer in an online age.

No comments:

Post a Comment