Tuesday 8 September 2015

Music Video Idea- Dressed To Kill- Preston

Throughout the summer I decided to explore some more music I could use with a video, so I went to Reading Festival and I found a song named Dressed To Kill, by Preston.



Idea:
I would want my video to start with a man holding shopping bags from shops such as Selfridges. The shot would then change to a close up of him putting on lipstick and make up, the video would then continue to show him dressing up in a dress and tights, putting on a wig and heels. After he has got ready he would walk over to the mirror and kiss it, leaving the mark of his lips on the mirror, we would then see through the mirror the man taking a gun out of the bath, and scrawling something on the door with lipstick. The camera would them follow as he walks out of the house, and loads the gun. As the song draws to a close we would see a still shot slowly zooming out of the door which he wrote on, it would say ‘Off to paint the town red’ and then show the band’s name under it. I feel that while the song itself does not correspond with this idea, the title ‘Dressed to Kill’ is illustrated by the video. Therefore I feel that this would agree with both the disjuncture and illustration theories suggested by Goodwin.

Band:

For the band, I would want them to appear unique, in the fact that the men dress as women and the women dress as men, I feel that their unique style would give them a unique selling point, while also posing as a good marketing strategy as they would be talked about by fans and by people who would otherwise not pay attention to the music. I feel the the band 'The New York Dolls' demonstrates this, using cross dressing in their self titled album 'New York Dolls', which received critical acclaim from popular music magazines, such as NME and Trouser Press. 

1 comment:

  1. Tom

    great start to the blogging of your ideas - clear sense of genre and musical style with strong sense of target audience. You need to widen this research further afield to demonstarate good understanding of the range of similar artists and canopaigns.

    ReplyDelete