Monday 7 September 2015

Music Video Idea- Alice Practice- Crystal Castles

While I was researching different music genres I explored my music playlist and found a song which I first discovered when I was younger, which I thought could be translated into an interesting music video. After researching the song, the only videos are lyric videos, therefore I feel like a music video for the song 'Alice Practice' would be something that hasn't been done before.


My Idea:

The song that I have chosen fits into the EDM (Electric Dance Music) genre. I feel that I could experiment with stylized uses of colors to create a video which corresponds with Goodwin's disjuncture theory.
I would want the video to start with an entirely black room with a single white spotlight shining down onto a single figure of a woman dancing to the song. As the beat is introduced I would want several white mannequins to appear, surrounding the woman. As more figures are introduced, at the break of the beat I would want the camera to appear as if it turned around upon itself. After the camera turns I would want the room to become bright white, with a group of people dancing around a black mannequin. After another transition I would have the black room, and the woman would crouch down and pick up an axe. She would then attack the mannequins, hitting them with the axe, in correspondence with the singer shouting. As the song draws to a close the camera would flip back over to the white room and surrounding the black mannequin would be all the dancers, dead, but instead of blood, I would have black paint splattered across the room.

Image and Band:

I would want the band to be portrayed as three members, one woman and two men, all with unique dress senses and styles. I would want the band to be portrayed as a stylish band with a small, but devoted cult following. I would use interesting variations of photoshoots to achieve this, and aim to make the band similar to such artists as Egyptian Hip Hop and Pendulum.


No comments:

Post a Comment