Sunday 6 September 2015

Music Video Idea- Simple Girl- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

Throughout the Summer Holdiays I decided to explore some different genres of music on the music website 'Spotify', to see if I could discover some music that I could make a music video for. While searching I found a band named Dale Earnheardt Jr. Jr. I was immediately interested in their song 'Simple Girl'.

I was attracted to the innocent music and the playful chimes and decided that I could contrast this within my music video idea by making the atmosphere of the video one of a darker nature. I felt that using a combination of all three of Goodwin's theories (Narration, Amplification and Disjuncture) I could successfully intrigue an audience to watch the video, furthermore, after watching some of the other videos for the song, my idea does not appear to have been done before.

My idea was to start the video of a girls blinds on a sunny morning, using a slightly jaded shot to imply that something is wrong. 
I felt that Lana Del Rey's music video for 'High By The Beach' showed the disjointed utopian setting that I wanted to portray.
After the shot of the blinds, I felt that a continuous pan around a stereotypical young girl's room would use both amplification and narrative theories to connote innocence, which would contrast the darker images which would later be shown. 

 While Meghan Trainor's music video for 'Dear Future Husband' presented the stereotypical girly room which I feel would be suited well in my music video.







After the introduction to the music video I would like the darker images to appear synchronized with the lyrics, such as 'She'll never let you meet her family, but she'll show you pictures'. And as these lyrics are sung, an shot of various Polaroid photos of kidnapped people are shown on a table. I feel that shots like these would amplify the darker side of the music video, and also unnerve the audience, which would be an unexpected effect, given the innocence and frivolity of the tune.
As the song proceeds I would want to keep alternating between both innocent and sadistic images,

No comments:

Post a Comment